Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Elegant Tree's card


This is a card I did for a Gena K challenge shimmer back grounds.
-I chose a metallic blue paper and embossed it with a cuttlebug folder.
-I then die cut the pendent in silver to use as my mat.
-The stamp I chose is a Gena k stamp from a set called tree's Silhouettes.I used versa mark ink on the stamp and put on a blue pearl embossing powder. I then die cut it with a round nestability and ran it though again to emboss the edge.
-For a fun touch I added some snow on the branches with liquid applique and heated it to puff it up like snow.
-I put the layers together adding a soft blue orgnady ribbon under the circle before I put it on with foam tape.
- The whole thing was then put on a glossy white card.
I love doing card challenges they get my creative brain going.
I hope you like it and will try using some embossing and metallic papers in a project soon.

P.S. What do you think of my new blog design? Rita from Coffee shop was great to work with and did a great job of working with a newbe like me. As you can see I have a lot to learn and things to finish up on my end so I hope to keep learning and doing a better job of laying things out and feeling comfortable working on my blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop