Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A little red a pinch of black and how about some green?




I gotta love those challenges. I would never have put together a card with red,green and black.I have to say I am loving the out come.
For the bird in a tree card I stamped the leaves(I believe by my minds eye) with versamark and then embossed it with leaf embossing powder by ZING. I cut it into a square and then cut a red( bazzill) mat and a green mat (cordinations). I attached it to the black dot card from Die cuts with a view LaCre'me box of cards.
I added some berrys (Little candy dots by pebbles in red) I stamped the bird ( my minds eye) and embossed it in red ( ZING) cut it out and attached it to the tree with a pop dot.
I added my pleated rayon hem facing I had hand pleated and sewed to a piece of paper with black thread to pick up the black background with tacky tape and added one single candy dot by pebbles to pull in the green.
The other card was a mistake made good. I had stamped 3 tree's in a row and then messed them up. So instead of throwing them I cut one out and layered it with red and black papers under the tree. I used a scrap of the color core green paper I had left from my other card and matted that on the black dot paper I had. I added some snowflakes I had punches with my Martha Stewart snow flake border punch on the bottom and to finish it all off I added some small gold balls on the top of the tree and in the middle of the snowflakes.
I hope you like what I came up with and make some time to play today!
Donna
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop