Monday, April 9, 2012

Moxie Fab Household item challenge

 When dose a taco Bell box, a piece of corrugated cardboard, and a grocery bag look like when you put them together? My take on the Moxie Fab Household item challenge.
I die cut a mat with Spellbinders labels 25  from the Taco Bell box we had for dinner tonight,I embossed it with a Sizzix embossing folder.I then die cut a smaller mat from a piece of corrugated cardboard.I then edged them with a sponge dabber and Tim Holt Tea Dye distress ink to bring out the texture. I did the same thing with a even smaller one also embossing it and inking it. I Stamped the Best Wishes ( Raisin Boat Stamp) with versamark ink and embossed it with a copper embossing powder and edging it with ink.
I die cut the flowers and leaves from the grocery bag.( spellbinder die's were used for the flowers as well as the leave's.I edged them with the Tea Die ink on a sponge and then rolled them and put them together with a Thero O Web Zots .I cut the card from Kraft paper and used a corner rounder on the  corner edging it with the tea dye ink.
Taco box from dinner.

Taco box after die cutting , embossing ,and distress inking with a sponge.(Back side)

Die cut grocery bag edged with distress ink.

Finished card the ultimate in up-cycling!
This was a fun challenge that make me once again think out side the box.
Go dig in your recyle bin and create your own creation. I dare you!
Donna

" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

3 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Donna! Thanks for linking this up to the Household Items Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Linda Beeson said...

This is so much fun!!!! Another reason to stop by Taco Bell! LOVE the colors.

Lori Lipsky said...

So resourceful and creative, Donna. You amaze me.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop