Monday, April 28, 2014

A simple elegant frame with a poppie


   Simple but striking too. I love how this card turned out. ( I say that a lot don't I?)
As I had said in previous posts I color and then cut out my stamped images and wait for time to create a card with them. This one I wanted to pop the color of the poppies and I found a lovely raspberry scarp of card stock that was a perfect accent with the poppies.I cut a strip of green gingham and then scored the card top and bottom of where I was going to place the gingham. It kind of framed it. I then attached the oval matted flowers.( oh I added the simple small sentiment " so sorry") I used a sympathy saying inside the card.
     This will also me entered over at Mod Squad Challenge Blogs, gingham challenge.
I think you would enjoy the other entries so why not pop over and check them out.
    Thanks for stopping and have a great day.
Donna
 
 
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

1 comment:

Lee said...

So sweet and elegant Donna...I love the CAS layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop