Friday, March 6, 2015

Embossing folder techniques round 4 Viva 3-D stamp paint

I used black paper and a silver paint.

Here are some samples of papers I did with black and brown card stock and gold and silver and maybe even a green metallic paint. Note that this is the sponge dauber I used. Be sure to wash out with soap and water before the paint drys on the sponge.
I used black paper and a silver and gold metallic paint. I rubbed the torn edge of my embossed and painted paper with versa mark ink and them embossed it with the same pewter embossing powder I did my elephant with. Note I colored the elephant with a darker grey copic marker to help define it more on the gold metallic paper.

This is another card I did with the embossed painted card stock as a background for this bike.

     My friends over at Raisin Boat stamps had a demo last year using this new 3-D stamp-paint byViva they found and I loved how it looked. This same event I am doing a demo on ways to use your embossing folders.So here is my take on this technique.
   Start by embossing your paper.Play with colored papers like black or dark brown. I love the look with the metallic paints on top of the dark colors. That is what I have for samples on this post.
    Now that you have your paper embossed load a small amount of the 3-D stamp paint on a dauber on the edge. Then slowly and gently rub it onto the embossed paper with a a circular motion until you cover your paper. Feel free to dip into another color and blend it right on top or leaving some of the other color show through in some areas. This paint drys so fast it is amazing. I found it was fun to do this with a friend and we just kept playing with different color combinations and textures of embossing folders. It really is that easy to add a fantastic metallic look to your plain card stock.Remember a little goes a long way.
  I bought my paints from Raisin Boat and I have a link for you to go to the paints on their sight.I hope you enjoyed exploring this fun unique technique with me.Thanks for stopping in on my adventures of what to do with embossing folders.
   I will be entering this in the Mod Squad challenge Blogs background challenge.
Donna

" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

1 comment:

Joyce Erb said...

Awesome backgrounds. That elephant looks like metal, great job. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge this week.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop