Monday, March 1, 2010

Floss on a card?

This is a card I did with my new spellbinders Mega Classic Ovals large and the scalloped set. I stamped my flowers ( Gena K Spring Floral's) with Grey memento ink I like the soft look it give verses using black.I colored them with copic markers and also air brushed them with copic to give a nice soft touch.
I pushed small holes around the oval and then sewed them with yellow floss adding a bow to hide the starting and ending spot.The paper is Lemon yellow and Cream de Mint from gena K and the green plaid is from October Afternoon Farm Fresh paper pack. This is my first try at useing Floss on a project. I can thank Moxie Fab World for that they have a challenge going on!
This is a card and gift box I did using floss. I had fun with this. I Stamped the bear;s ( Oh Baby GenaK) on GenaK's digital spring paper and cut them out.I layered them on another of the papers from the collection. I used a spellbinders die to make a solid mat for under the bear. I used brads to wrap the floss around and then tie in a bow at the bottom. This made a nice frame for the bear. I tied it all together ( pun intended) by adding a bow on the bears neck to match the floss frame.
The card and gift box were done the same way.
I hope you enjoyed stamping by and seeing were my latest challenge has taken me. This time it truly was outside the box!
Take care,
Donna



" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me"
Erma Bombeck
Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop