Sunday, December 9, 2012

A twist to a challenge add a picture #1

Barn door at my husband Aunt and Uncle in Northern WI

    This is a fun challenge over at JustRite stamps  They want you to use a picture in your project. I have been saving this picture I took last Christmas at my husband Aunt and Uncles up in northern WI of their barn door. I had it printed in wallet size. I tore the edges all around and then used a gold leaf pen around the edges. I cut my mats with a deckle scissors and edged them with distress ink. I stamped the card front with JustRites Shabby Music background stamp with distress ink. I then used a sponge around the edges with a shade darker distress ink. I then stamped the Merry Christmas (From JustRite set Christmas Antique Labels one.) I edged it with rhubarb ink my Momento to pull the red in. I die cut some snowflakes with Spellbinders snowflake dies from gold card stock. I layered then on the  card in the corners and added a rhinestone in the center.
     I love how this card turned out. I can not wait to share it with my husbands Aunt and Uncle.What a fun challenge!
How about giving it a try too.
Donna
 " When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Very pretty picture and a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop