Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Gold embossing with water color hydrangea card


   I did one more card for the Mod Squad challenge blog. I used a pretty hydrangea flower from Raisin boat stamps. I used versa mark ink to stamp it on water color paper and then embossed it with gold. I die cut a butterfly with a spellbinders die and then covered it with versa mark ink and embossed it with gold. I then used water color pencils to color the flower and used a aqua brush to blend the colors. This is really easy as the water stays inside the embossed lines. I used an oval spellbinders die and a pretty mat die they have to put out the colors of the flower. I added the butterfly to bring out the gold embossing on the flower. A very pretty card that was really easy to do.
   The person I cased is Katerina she has done this technique and I always wanted to try it.
   I hope you pull out your embossing powders and water color pencils and give this technique a try.
Donna
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

1 comment:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like all the delicate layers, but especially that butterfly!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop