Monday, January 26, 2015

Playing with my Heart die's




    I spent some time just cutting hearts from different papers and then played with layering them in different ways. I have always admired Lovely Linda Lucas and her spellbinder creations so I used her as a inspiration for some of the cards I made using my hearts. I am sharing 2 that I made but I am entering one of them in 2 challenges one is Mod Squad and the other is MFT sketch challenge.
   I used spellbinders dies Vines of passion and Lace Hearts and Annalee embossing folder from Couture creations for both cards and the red small hearts is a die from Top Dog dies, love is from paper smooches.
    I die cut the card with a accucut die and embossed the card front. The red hearts fit perfect in between the embossed design. I die cut the lace heart from some pretty aqua blue paper I had and the lace heart from cream.I cut the word love from the same red paper as the red heart stripe.I added a strip of the aqua blue paper under the scallops.
   The second card I used pearl paper and metallic paper.I love the way they look so elegant and it was so easy! I embossed the white pearl paper and then added a few dots of glitter pen by Viva to look like small flowers on the vine design. I layered the pink lace heart on the gold and then positioned the lace pink under at an angle.
   I hope you enjoy both cards and dig out your dies and your fancy pearly papers or play with some other color combo's like the aqua blue and red.
     Have a great day and I have a few more cards I will be posting later this week.
Donna
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

2 comments:

Joyce Erb said...

Love the intricut cut on the heart, very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Susan R. Opel said...

What a lovely die it is, Donna! It sure makes some pretty cards.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop