Monday, January 26, 2015

Playing with my Heart die's




    I spent some time just cutting hearts from different papers and then played with layering them in different ways. I have always admired Lovely Linda Lucas and her spellbinder creations so I used her as a inspiration for some of the cards I made using my hearts. I am sharing 2 that I made but I am entering one of them in 2 challenges one is Mod Squad and the other is MFT sketch challenge.
   I used spellbinders dies Vines of passion and Lace Hearts and Annalee embossing folder from Couture creations for both cards and the red small hearts is a die from Top Dog dies, love is from paper smooches.
    I die cut the card with a accucut die and embossed the card front. The red hearts fit perfect in between the embossed design. I die cut the lace heart from some pretty aqua blue paper I had and the lace heart from cream.I cut the word love from the same red paper as the red heart stripe.I added a strip of the aqua blue paper under the scallops.
   The second card I used pearl paper and metallic paper.I love the way they look so elegant and it was so easy! I embossed the white pearl paper and then added a few dots of glitter pen by Viva to look like small flowers on the vine design. I layered the pink lace heart on the gold and then positioned the lace pink under at an angle.
   I hope you enjoy both cards and dig out your dies and your fancy pearly papers or play with some other color combo's like the aqua blue and red.
     Have a great day and I have a few more cards I will be posting later this week.
Donna
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

3 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

Very pretty!

Joyce Erb said...

Love the intricut cut on the heart, very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Susan R. Opel said...

What a lovely die it is, Donna! It sure makes some pretty cards.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop