Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Birds of A feather



     I love that Susan Opel has found a new place to land and share her talents over at My Favorite Things. I also love Challenges so here is my take on My Favorite things sketch challenge.
     I used a fun stamp from Raisin Boat Stamps called Perfect Partners.  I used water color paper and water color pencils to color the cute little birds. I went a little different with the black and white/off white theme.I used spellbinders dies to mat the birds. I used some color core paper and embossed it and sanded it to let the pretty design show through. To add a pop of color on the top and bottom and to go with the sketch. I added some delicate white lace and a skinny red dot washi tape. To finish it off I added a scalloped die cut heart and a metal love embellishment I had in my drawer waiting to be used.To be truer to the sketch I added the delicate leaves a My Favorite Things die that has been discontinued.
   I hope this gets you in the Valentine mood.Be sure to pop over to My Favorite Things sketch challenge to see all of the other wonderful cards the talented paper crafters have made for this challenge.
  Thanks for stopping.
Donna

" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

1 comment:

Susan R. Opel said...

Hi Donna! I gotta say I am pretty happy, too. :) And thank you.

Your card is so YOU with that little hint of lace.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop