Friday, January 8, 2010

Flowers for My sweetie




I did this card for a sketch challenge over at Stamp TV. I had colored this the other night and wanted to do something with it. I started playing around and decided to make it into a Valentine Card after I found the pink I wanted to pull out the pink in the flower. I used a piece of softly printed ivory paper for the back stripe that goes under the oval I punched it with a Fiskars punch and then edged it with a sponge and some Distress ink to pull out the color of the oval. I die cut the small hearts and stamped love on them to cover up the saying that was hanging on the Jar.
Lastly I edged the card with distress ink to pull the whole card together.
I plan on giving this to my husband for Valentines Day.
I hope you get inspired to play today!
Donna
I needed to do something under the oval and I did not want to put a saying so I did a small collage of silk flowers,brads and some heart charms on a oval nestibility the same paper as the oval mat.
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me"
Erma Bombeck
Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop