Thursday, August 9, 2012

Poppie Birthday Card


     I love the Field of  Poppies set from Raisin Boat and have wanted to play with my water color crayons for a while now. So that is what I did with this card.
     I colored directly on the background flower stamp with the water color crayons and stamped then on my water color paper that I had misted lightly with water. I then stamped them on the moist paper and when I had all of my flowers stamped I went in and added a bit of  color at the center of the flowers with the crayons directly on the paper. I then misted the paper again. This caused the water color crayons to bleed a bit. I then waited until the flowers dried and then stamped with the outline stamp and black ink to finish the flowers. I love the artistic look these have and it is so easy to do.
     I die cut the flowers with a spellbinders die as well as the mat to bring out the colors I used for the flowers.You can easily do up a bunch of flowers at once since you have your supply's out and then you will have some beautiful cards ready for giving .I also did some sympathy cards with this set and they turned out lovely as well.
     The sentiment is from Formal Phrases.
  So pull out your Water color crayons that have been collecting dust in your craft room and see what you can come up with.
     Be sure to pop over to Raisin Boats Blog and see what else fellow stampers have come up with for their Birthday challenge.
Donna
    

 " When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Raisin Boat.

Hugs,
Melissa
Raisin Boat Crewmember

Anonymous said...

Donna, I absolutely love this card and the watercolor technique you used!! So beautiful. Thanks for sharing it as part of our challenge! - Kim

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop